Despite the COVID-19 interruptions, this summer, the Office of Religious Life was able to partner with various organizations to provide Faith-Based Internships to 23 Princeton University students. Read the full update here.
Why Faith-Based Internships?
As the Office of Religious Life we want provide students with programs that help them to better understand the role religion plays in society. Each program approaches religion differently: students can work for a secular agency that partners with religious groups and learn about religion, or students can work with a religious non-profit that is faith driven which provides an opportunity to deepen one’s faith or learn about another. Applicants don't have to be religious to apply.
- Internships are fully funded: they cover housing, food, and transportation and adjusted for international travel and higher costs of living in cities
- Internships are eight weeks starting in mid-June
- Internships are open to first-years, sophomores and juniors
Frequently asked questions:
Where do I apply?
- Applications are closed for Summer 2020, please check back in on December 2020 for the Summer 2021 application
Can I apply to more than one program?
- Yes. Since this is one application you will be asked to rank the internship programs that you are most interested in. You will then be asked questions specifically regarding your top choice, but be considered for other programs as well.
Can I choose my placement?
- Each applicant will be given the opportunity to express their preferred internship program (eg. Grassroots Southeast Asia / Forced Migration) and internship placement (INEB / Catholic Charities, Atlanta). However, since these partnerships are subject to change, staff of the Office of Religious Life will ultimately place accepted students with the programs and organizations that are best suited to their interests and skills.
What are the requirements for applying?
- Answer 2-3 questions of 200-300 words for your top choice internship program
- Give two references (one non-academic) of people who can speak to your candidacy
- Upload a PDF file of your unofficial transcript and resume